This website has been established for the Digital Arts and Culture Clusters in coastal Lincolnshire (click here for the original work specification) which runs until the end of 2013. It is one of a number of initiatives and has a wider remit, including:-
- Lincolnshire Digital Business Clusters
- Lincolnshire Wired Events (e.g. technology enhanced events – online streaming etc)
- Lincolnshire online visitor economy
- Lincolnshire Broadband pilots
The broad aims of the programme are to reduce the digital exclusion of the coastal areas through appropriate supply and demand measures – that turns challenge in opportunity; and disadvantage into proactive change. In particular:-
- Establish new working relationships across the region through collaborative knowledge, cocreation and sharing of resources.
- Accelerate the growth and potential of the existing industries for the purposes of economic prosperity by harnessing the benefits of digital technologies.
- Grow interest in the services offered by the sector among backward and forward linkages (i.e. suppliers and customers to the sector).
- Develop new talent and opportunities through inward investment.
- Open up the sector to wider community interest and develop awareness of their activity.
- Establish a strategy and the conditions for long term growth.
The specific aims for this project are in relation to the digital development of five Coastal Arts and Technology hubs in East Lindsey – at Louth, Alford, Mablethorpe, Skegness and Huttoft in order to:-
- Identify appropriate advanced digital technology for use in the hubs.
- Procure and install advanced digital technology into identified hubs.
- Facilitate the utilisation / demonstration of the advanced digital technologies.
- Undertake evaluation of the use of the digital technologies in the cultural sector.
For more detail about our activity , please review the following slides:-
This work is undertaken by Kind of Digital Limited.
The project is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund and managed by Lincolnshire County Council (LCC)