Apr 25, 2013 at 7:49 am in Digital Events, Feature, News by Tim Wilson
Book here bostondigital.eventbrite.com
Timing 9:00am – 1:30pm
Join us in Boston on 28th May for the Boston Digital Conference. This event follows on from the success of February’s Making Revolution conference in Boston. With superfast broadband coming to Lincolnshire, we will show you how your business can thrive in the online environment.
Hosted by Dave Briggs of Lincolnshire based digital consultancy, Kind of Digital, join us for an insightful, entertaining and fact-filled [read more →]
Nov 25, 2012 at 10:15 pm in News by Tim Wilson
News release from Lincolnshire County Council
The EU has given ‘state-aid approval’ to Government plans that will see public money invested in improving broadband infrastructure.
The decision paves the way for the county council to start its roll out of superfast broadband acrossLincolnshirenext year. The council aims to bring superfast broadband to 90 per cent of properties by 2015, with a guarantee of at least standard broadband for the remaining 10 per cent.
Councillor Kelly Smith, Executive Member for [read more →]
Aug 22, 2012 at 7:05 pm in Digital Events, News by Tim Wilson
Bourne has been highlighted as number four in a survey by the CLA amongst rural areas where online entrepreneurs are boosting the local economy. Source: RSNOnline.
A Top Ten list pinpoints the rural areas where online entrepreneurs are boosting the local economy.
The Rural Digital Trailblazers league table was devised by internet giant Google, which teamed up with the Countryside Alliance.
The project aims to highlight that entrepreneurs needn’t be based in an industrial centre or a traditional urban hub to [read more →]
Apr 10, 2012 at 7:16 pm in Digital Events, News by Tim Wilson
Here is a unique opportunity to get the heads up of what is happening here in Lincolnshire and learn about local business opportunities for your company.
· Get an inside view from the County Council about their superfast broadband roll out plans, the timescale and what are the benefits for your business.
· Hear about how rural broadband projects in other parts of the country are reaping commercial and community success.
· Find out about the 3 Lincolnshire Pilots schemes that are happening [read more →]
Feb 21, 2012 at 10:43 am in News by Tim Wilson
Individuals and organisations are invited to a countywide update on the delivery of better broadband across Lincolnshire. This event is taking place at Washingborough Community Centre (see map below) on 29 February. It is being organised by Community Lincs in association with Lincolnshire County Council.
Places are strictly limited and will be offered on a first come first served basis. There will be a £20 charge per person for non-attendance.
The event will bring attendees up-to-date with progress on the Lincolnshire Broadband Delivery [read more →]
Jan 26, 2012 at 11:20 am in News by Tim Wilson
Plans that would see 90% of Lincolnshire properties receive broadband speeds of at least 24Mbps by 2015 have been given the green light.
The County Council’s proposal aims to provide 2Mbps connections to the other 10%, which would be able to enjoy faster connections by 2017.
County Councillor Kelly Smith said: “This isn’t a luxury – that’s why the county council is investing £10m in this project, despite the difficult financial climate.
“The next five years will see around £57 million [read more →]